Saturday, May 30, 2009

Kenting Day Two

The next day we all got up around 9:00 AM and went to KFC to redeem the free breakfast coupons that the hotel had provided us for staying with them. Unlike the U.S., KFC in Taiwan has many more options other than fried chicken. For example, I got Mexican sausage porridge and red tea for breakfast and, surprisingly, it actually wasn’t bad.

Our breakfast.

Afterwards we walked back to our hotel and packed up our belongings to check out by 11:00 AM. Luckily, the hotel agreed to watch our luggage for the day so we wouldn’t have to lug everything around the whole day. That day my friends decided to go snorkeling at a popular snorkeling area called Houbihu. Since I had already snorkeled before in Penghu and Thailand though, I decided to save some money and lie out on the beach instead. Fortunately the weather had improved significantly from the previous day and there was actually sunlight to enjoy! Very happily, I lay out in the sun and just relaxed. A few hours later, my friends finished up snorkeling and joined me at the beach. Unfortunately we were short on time and had to leave the beach pretty early to catch our High Speed Rail at 9:30 PM that night. We caught a taxi started our return trip to Taipei. Interestingly enough, I noticed that the highways around that area of Taiwan bore a striking resemblance to the freeways in the United States. At first I felt a little homesick, but then I realized that I only had a little over two weeks left in Taiwan before I had to leave and quickly snapped out of it. When we got back to Zuoyin, we ran to grab a quick dinner and then went back to the rail station to wait for our train. Just two hours later I found myself back in Taipei grabbing my luggage and heading back to the dorms. Overall Kenting was a great trip and a great experience that left me appreciating the eclectic spots that Taiwan has to explore.

We lived in Rich Hotel, it was not the best, but it was alright.

A cool looking restaurant in Kenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment